Edward William Lindgren, also known as Victor, was born 25 February 1851 in Goteburg, Sweden. He immigrated in 1870, naturalized in 1882. He died 07 September 1933 in Saunders County, NE and is buried in Bethesda Cemetery, Wahoo, Saunders, NE.
Edward's first wife was Martha Johnson. She was born 12 Jan 1860, and died 26 April 1893 in Saunders County, NE. She is buried in Bethesda Cemetery, Wahoo, NE.
Edward was farming in the Mariposa Township, Saunders Co., NE, at the time of the 1880 US Census. He is listed as a farmer in that area, through the 1930 Census.
The children of Edward and Martha are:
1. Arthur Edward Lindgren born February 1883
2. Selma A. Lindgren, born April 1885.
Edward then married about 1894 in Saunders County, NE to Indrid 'Ellen' Berggren. Ellen was born 11 July 1862 and died 07 August 1953 in Saunders County, NE. She is buried in Bethesda Cemetery, Wahoo, Saunders, NE with Edward and Martha. Find A Grave Memorial# 34585825
Ellen had become Edward's housekeeper, and moved in to care for his family about 1893. Ellen had a daughter from a previous marriage or relationship. This daughter was apparently adopted by Edward, appearing in the 1900 US Census as Ida Lingren:
Ida Berggren Lindgren, b: Oct 1886 in NE.
the children of Edward and Ellen are:
4. David Henry Lindgren born 17 May 1895
5. Rose Elvira Lindgren, born 20 August 1896
6. Frances Lindgren born June 1898
7. Daughter Lindgren, born 04 March 1901, Saunders Co., NE, died, 04 March 1901, Saunders Co., NE. buried with her twin, Esther, in Bethesda Cemetery, Wahoo, Saunders, NE
8. Esther W. Lindgren, born 04 March 1901 in Saunders Co., NE, died 17 April 1901 in Saunders Co., NE, buried: Bethesda Cemetery, Wahoo, Saunders, NE Find A Grave Memorial# 34585953
9. Eveline Lindgren, born abt. 1902 in Nebraska. died in Houston, Harris, TX.
10. Ernest Theodore Lindgren, born 14 July 1902 in Nebraska,
11. Alice Olive "Lindy" Lindgren, born 08 February 1905 in Nebraska.