Anders "Andrew" Lindgren was born 30 September 1840 in Jonsbo, Kalmar Län, Sweden. He died 08 February 1908, and is buried in Messiah Lutheran Cemetery, Baker, Boyd County, NE. (Find A Grave Memorial # 51068397). Oral history has him marrying the widow Charlotte G. Person-Petterson just before their honeymoon voyage to America. Their marriage and immigration took place in 1868, according to the 1900 U.S. Census. His naturalization occurred on 12 Oct 1872, recorded in Knoxville, IL.
Charlotte G. Person was born 15 August 1841 in Göteborg (Gothenburg), Vastergötland, Sweden. She died 02 December 1909, and is buried with Anders in Messiah Lutheran Cemetery, Baker, Boyd Co., NE. (Find A Grave Memorial # 51068398)
Charlotte's first husband, Mr. Petterson, drowned in Sweden, leaving her with a young son, Frank. Anders undertook to raise Frank as his own son, although it isn't known if Frank was officially adopted.
Upon arriving in America, they joined a settlement of relatives and friends in Knox County, IL. There, Caroline, Charles, Annie, and Gustaf were born. Some time after Gustaf was born, a group of relatives and friends headed for new land in Saunders County, Nebraska. Anders took his young family to join them, settling on a farm in Mariposa Township, near Wahoo, Saunders County, NE. Hulda was born in 1878, followed by an unnamed infant and Jennie. They are enumerated in Mariposa Precinct, Wahoo, Saunders, NE in the 1880 & 1900 US Censuses and in the 1885 Nebraska State Census for Mariposa Township, Saunders Co., NE.
The children of Anders A. Lindgren and Charlotte G. Person were:
1. Frederick "Frank" Petterson Tishendorf born 05 May 1863, died 27 Nov 1929.
2. Caroline Lindgren born 15 Oct 1869, died 13 Oct 1896
3. Charles Andrew Lindgren born 24 Feb 1871, died 26 Feb 1946
4. Annie A. Lindgren born 04 Mar 1874, died 15 Mar 1899
5. Gustaf Albert Lindgren born 14 Nov 1875, died 02 Apr 1932
6. Hulda Josephine Lindgren born 03 April 1878, died 02 Mar 1955
7. Infant Lindgren, born before 1882
8. Jennie Marie Lindgren born 10 Jan 1882, died 15 Sept 1969